- Radiata: 3mm - Laser engraved - colours not so consistent across discs
- Birch: 4mm - Laser engraved - colours more consistent across discs and thicker than Radiata
- Hoop pine: 4mm - Laser engraved - colours more consistent across discs and thicker than Radiata
- Albasia: 3mm - Laser engraved - colours more consistent across discs and thicker than Radiata
New - European Poplar: 3mm - Colour(Printed/Sublimated - not laser engraved)
Extra sets of the discs can be ordered as well.
The board can be used on both sides: One side of the Aboriginal Symbols board has the symbols and their respective names, on the other side only the symbols names. This enables memory games and kids can learn both symbol Aboriginal symbol and name together:
1) Using the board side with name and Aboriginal symbol.
2) Then using the board side with names only they can match the Aboriginal symbol on the disc with the names.
History of how the Aboriginal symbol board came to life
Tiny Memories Laser respects the Australian Aboriginal culture and the First Nations People. Having this in mind Tiny Memories Laser has gone through the right channels looking for help to get the board available.
Tiny Memories Laser is not an Aboriginal owned business. However, in collaboration with the Aboriginal artist De Greer-Yindimincarlie from Yindi Artz, she is from the Wiradjuri Nation in Central Western New South Wales, Australia, Tiny Memories Laser is making available this Authentic Aboriginal Symbols matching board set.
The set will help to teach young kids, 16 symbols of the Aboriginal culture.
The Aboriginal symbols are generic as per artist design, they are not linked to a specific region and she uses these symbols to teach young kids herself. One thing to keep in mind is that the names of the symbols are a very high level representation of the symbols. The Aboriginal people interprets the symbols to a much deeper extend, giving to them a very deep meaning, which unfortunately can not be represented on the board.
Tiny Memories Laser has full copyright rights on this product, not on symbols as they are part of a language and culture of course.
The product(board and discs) were designed and made by Tiny Memories Laser and the symbols and their names were drawn/designed by the artist.
All copyright fees, transfer fees, royalty fees and work done by the artist to design the symbols and their names were paid to the artist by Tiny Memories Laser according to the contract between both parties.
We have available 3 indigenous boards: Australian Aboriginal, Maori and Samoan.